HND Computing (Software Development)
Modern software development relies on professionals equipped with a diverse array of skills. This Software Development course is designed to arm our students with everything they need to succeed in this young, dynamic environment.
Underpinning everything you learn will be the analytical, communication and teamwork skills that are key priorities for employers in this sector while extensively exploring software engineering concepts and toolsets.
The course will provide in-depth understanding of procedural languages (C*) and object oriented languages (Java and Actionscript*) as well as portable concepts such as event driven programming, advanced data structures and the latest developments in code design and communications tools.
Relevant career progression is into positions as Software Engineers, Web Developers, Software Quality Assurance and Systems Analysts in a vast array of industries such as Banking, Education, Government, Video Games, Telecommunications and independent Software Houses.
Studying Software Development at Edinburgh's Telford college will give you the following benefits
- Peace of mind studying with a proper, accredited college
- Staff with extensive industry experience to keep skills rooted in what you need and employers want
- Support throughout to help you reach your study or career goals
- Continual support from an allocated tutor to help you succeed
- Careers advice and support
- Best practice and thought sharing with other students and access to online student forums
- Supported study to ensure good performance in final exams
- Articulation agreements with university mean smooth transition to degree level study
Mature applicants who do not meet this criteria but have relevant experience and skills will be considered on an individual basis.
Direct entry to year two of HND Computing: Software Development is only possible by completion of first year (automatic) or all units of the HNC Computing
programme (by application).
To see a sample list of the units and topics that will be studied on this course, follow the link below:
* Languages taught are subject to update to ensure industry relevance.